Steps to Remove Garden Weeds With an Organic Weed Killer
Weeds are the bane of any gardener’s life – they tend to pop up where they are not wanted. There are many commercial products which help in getting rid of these unwanted visitors, but many of them can be toxic to human and animal health. They can also contaminate the soil and end up in the groundwater supplies. Most of them are also quite expensive. Many environmentally conscious gardeners have come up with solutions – an organic weed killer made from ingredients that are readily available at home. Ingredients like salt, dish detergent, and vinegar can provide ready solutions and get rid of garden weeds. It might take a while to apply the marihuana kaufen online solution and rid your garden of weeds, but you will find it was all worth it in the long run. These natural weed killers can also be pricey – but with children and dogs around the home, they can be worth the extra expense.
Here are a few ways to deal with the weeds before using any product.
– Hand weeding: pull out the weeds by hand – they can be composted if no chemicals have been used. There are several good tools for the job – a soil knife or a shovel typically works pretty well.
– Use a Hoe: This long handled garden implement is great for getting out fledgling weed by the roots. The foliage is taken off the plants so that they cannot gather enough energy to put down roots.
– Going organic: Most brands of organic weed control in the market work by burning off important parts of the weed until it dries out. This can have immediate results, though if other plants get sprayed, they could die too. Spraying weed control first thing in the morning commonly works more effectively.
– Vinegar based products: There are a few products in the market with 20% vinegar content (there is only 5% in regular vinegar used in homes). This works the same way; it burns off the foliage. People inject dandelions with this liquid to kill them off completely. Safe for vegetable beds too.
– Hot water: Hot water works if you have weeds growing on the sidewalk and on brick pathways. Pour hot water on the weeds and get rid of them without any lingering toxins.
– Vinegar, soap and salt: Great organic weed killer right from your pantry. Mix 4 parts vinegar with 1 of salt and ½ tsp of dish detergent – this helps the mixture stick to the weeds until they suffocate.
It is very easy to mix up an organic weed killer and use it in the garden. The best part is that all these items are available in almost any home, so there is no need to buy toxic products.
A homemade weed killer is easy to make and – it is also environmentally friendly. Find branded products, however, if your own solution fails, or if you want a proven alternative. Go online and look for a great weed killing solution.